Friday, February 23, 2018

#19 (My peeps)

Kokopelli is another one of my peeps. He’s hand-carved by a well-known* artist and more menacing than your typical touristy humpbacked flute-playing fertility god. When my aunt gave him to me I mentioned his resemblance to the doll Karen Black’s character receivedwhich turned out to be the worst kind of gift, one that spells doom for you.**

*Among those in the know
**SPOILER ALERT: And presumably for your mother, judging by the end of Trilogy of Terror.

4 comments:

  1. I should recognize Kokopelli, but I don't. Is he the one in the fur, top left, wearing the red belt?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, that's him. I would never have picked him out of a police line-up: he looks nothing like the touristy humpbacked flute-playing fertility god Kokopelli earrings and candle holder I bought in Arizona.

      Delete
  2. I remember Karen Black's doll in Trilogy of Terror. It terrified me for years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have one of those touristy Kokopellis, sent by a relative in Phoenix. It hung around during the trying-to-get-pregnant years as a joke, and now is lost somewhere in our basement. I like yours better!

    ReplyDelete