Thursday, February 22, 2018

#18 (My peeps)

These are some of my peeps. One is Ganesh, a Hindu god who removes obstacles and difficulties. Poor Ganesh knows about those. According to one account, his own father (Shiva) decapitated Ganesh. Understandably, his mother (Parvati) was upset, and the divine minions were ordered to go forth and bring back the first head they found. It happened to be an elephant’s.

7 comments:

  1. I'm guessing you do a lot of traveling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can't get good minions these days. Or those days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, I always wondered why Ganesh had the head of an elephant. We were in an Uber a few months ago and the driver had a flying monkey ornament tied to his rear-view mirror. I asked if it was a toy for his children and he told me all about Hanuman.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a charming bunch of peeps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful, and wise to surround yourself with old gods, just in case you need one.

    ReplyDelete