What, you may ask, is this? Renovation gone wildly wrong? World-renowned art installation? It’s actually the no-longer-cat-door, through which a curiosity of cats*—mine, feral, neighbours’—passed in and out of my life. I (over)foamed it in when the last long-term stray, who I had been feeding for over 10 years, died last summer. It marks a change, another door closing.
*And a gaze of raccoons, although a more apt collective noun might be a glare of raccoons, or a scoff of raccoons, since those are the sort of looks they would give me during my attempts to herd them back out of the house.

OMG, raccoons in the house? The ones I encounter at night here--outdoors--look ready to do battle. One of my stepdaughters had a pet raccoon once, but even he (so cute!) became unmanageable.
ReplyDeletePS: Maybe we should have chosen a Cats month.
You need to paint a cat's face on that foam blob.
ReplyDeleteRaccoons in the house never seems to go well.
ReplyDeleteThis post makes me a little sad. I didn't know cat ladies could go out of business.
ReplyDeleteIt reminds me of our cat-door. It's now locked, and covered over by a freezer. Yes, cat ladies go out of business.
ReplyDelete