Tuesday, February 20, 2018

#17 (Objects)

Never doubt the power of red footwear. Today was a gray wasteland of fog and drizzle. Like meteorological dementors, they sucked the soul out of the city's denizens… except for those of us wearing our red Bogs. We splished and splashed merrily through puddles and beamed infrared joy to ward off the malignant morosity that threatened our more conventionally shod brethren.

9 comments:

  1. Okay, Helen wins the object month with this post. We can all go home now.

    Also now I know about Bogs -- maybe you can write their next ad campaign because I will probably buy a pair at some time in my life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smile--I am a diehard Bogs enthusiast. I own 3 pairs: 1 pair is rated to -40 degrees, another pair to -10, and the third pair are just good old rain boots, albeit very funky ones. I wear the other two all winter, and have never had cold feet. And that's saying a lot, considering some of the temperatures we've had this year.

      Delete
  2. I had to look up Bogs. Never heard of them, possibly because they're so far out of my price range. Nice looking! The rain boots remind me of my red paisley Sloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think my daughter-in-law has those, Dona!

    ReplyDelete