Friday, June 22, 2018

Whining (#12)

I know it seems a bit much to be whining about my upcoming trip to Greece, but the substantial balance for the ridiculously expensive workshop I’ll be attending is due next week, and it has to be paid in USD. Every time Trump says mean things about Canadians, our dollar drops against the USD. Every time the World Cup rolls around, our dollar drops against the USD. Every time a butterfly flaps its wings in the Amazon rainforest, our dollar drops against the USD. Monopoly money is probably trading for more than Canadian currency at this point. 

9 comments:

  1. Even my 9 year old has noticed this somehow (NPR? Who knows?).

    ReplyDelete
  2. By Monopoly money, I think you mean, NZ money. (I was tempted just to write "boo hoo" but I won't.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful times we are living in... When do you head to Greece?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. September 2! I must remember to watch Shirley Valentine before I go.

      Delete
  4. I guess that explains Alex Trebek's comment on Jeopardy last night. He told a Canadian contestant he'd won real American dollars.

    What's the workshop?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a writing one. I'm going mostly for the views of the Aegean Sea from the guest house's terrace.

      Delete
    2. Oh, good--Helen writing! We love it when Helen writes!!

      Delete
  5. I didn't realize this. I thought they were similar. Sorry Helen.

    ReplyDelete