Monday, May 14, 2018

Food and drink (#8)

Last weekend in Vermont I tented in a farmer’s field. Although I never sleep well when camping—I’m afraid of bears, and last Friday night there was a tornado warning for the area—the experience of brewing and drinking a cup of coffee outdoors as the sun and birds* yawn and waken is pure soul food**.

*Except for the resident rooster, which had already wakened and crowed at seemingly every hour on the hour during the night.

**Applies to non-rainy mornings only.

6 comments:

  1. 1. Non-rainy mornings, definitely.
    2. Beers AND tornadoes?
    3. There's something wonderful about consuming food and drink outside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, Freudian slip. Bears. It should be bears.

      Delete
    2. I was wondering... thought you had been drinking a lot of bears when you wrote that first comment.

      Delete
  2. Camp coffee is good coffee. That tornado warning scared me, and I wasn't even there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tornado warning, and I'm back inside! You are braver than I am.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never been much of a camper, but I agree about the camp coffee.

    ReplyDelete