Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Food and drink (#4)

This strawberry-balsamic granita is a slushie for foodies. 

10 ox strawberries (about 2 cups, cut up)
1/2 cup sugar*
1.5 cups water
1.5 tablespoons balsamic vinegar**

Process berries and sugar in blender until smooth. Pour into 9-inch square pan. Add water and vinegar and stir to combine***. Follow these instructions (3rd slide of slideshow) for freezing.

* This is the official amount. I cut it in half. 
** Preferably not the cheap, coloured/sweetened imitation balsamic vinegar. 
*** I’m not sure why you can’t blend these with the strawberries and sugar in the first step. Unless you’re a granita snob, I think you can get away with a mass blending. 



3 comments:

  1. I had to look up "granita." I guess this knocks me out of the running to earn a foodie designation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. The annoying thing is that I am going to have to wait until November to be able to make this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I often serve strawberries with balsamic vinegar -- and sometimes throw in an avocado. This sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete