Thursday, May 10, 2018

Food and drink (#5)

never buy cheap wine, but I don’t buy expensive wine either. The same can be said for my balsamic vinegar purchasing proclivities. One liquidly delicious day before I die, and hopefully before my taste buds and brain have become senescent, I would like to treat myself to a bottle of this (#1 on list) and this.




4 comments:

  1. My husband and I occasionally splash out on a nice bottle of wine. But I haven't on balsamic (I bought a $20 bottle once, and used it sparingly. To be honest, I didn't notice a huge difference from the $8 bottle.)

    You definitely should do this. Plan it for a birthday. Make sure the bottle has time to age. Drinking an expensive wine too soon or too late is a tragedy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yesterday I opened an Italian cookbook that I haven't used in a long time, and found myself reading the section on balsamic vinegar. Today I open your page and read this. Definitely, I agree with Mali. Buy! (And I love the word "senescent".)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't buy cheap balsamic either, but never the brands you linked to. My husband is shocked that I spend so much on a condiment, but it really makes a difference.

    ReplyDelete