I am 97% sure that I don’t believe in reincarnation. But many years ago, the 3% of me who is unsure or curious paid someone for a past lives reading. I don’t remember who the many mes purportedly were, other than a strong woman living in the North.
There was no mention of how I died in those previous lives. But if I have lived before, I suspect I was murdered at least once. The image of my throat being slit pops into my head somewhat frequently. And it’s not just an image: I can feel the blade slicing across my skin. Often, even absent these sensory ghosts, I’ll cover my throat, one hand over the other, as if to protect it, or to delay exsanguination.
It's hard to type covering my neck, after reading this. Good job on the horror, Helen.
ReplyDeleteFascinating and frightening.
ReplyDeleteI recently read a book about reincarnation. It was fiction, but I enjoyed it. It was called "The Forgetting Time".
ReplyDeleteLike Mali, my hand went right to my throat. Good god.
ReplyDeleteI don't think I believe in reincarnation. But I really hope I'm wrong. Like Mulder, I want to believe. I mean how can you be so certain that you've had your throat cut, and how can I be so certain that I drowned otherwise?
ReplyDeleteI guess I'm the only firm believer here. But given the ongoing experience you describe, I'm surprised your 97% is still holding out.
ReplyDelete