Knowledge acquired this Halloween:
- I like Mars bars. I only discovered this after eating 5 of them.*
Things I already knew but which were reinforced:
- I love Halloween. The first two kids who came to my house were, I’m guessing, 8 or 9 year old boys. We had an inane exchange of words. As they were leaving, one turned to the other and said, with what sounded like sincerity and enthusiasm, “See, I told you we would have good conversations with people.”
- I detest Snickers bars.
- I never correctly judge the number of Snickers bars I should be offloading on unsuspecting kidlets. I tend to run out too early, or, worse, have leftover bars. I used to think this was a rookie mistake but I’ve been making it for about 20 years.
*Five eensy ones, which barely equals one adult bar.
Ok those two kids, I adore them.
ReplyDeleteI had a child tonight say (after his pun based joke about nacho cheese), "thanks for the candy. I hope you have a pleasant evening." He was about ten.
Yes, those were wonderful boys, as is Bridgett's nacho punner as well.
ReplyDeleteSee? This is why I want to be around for trick-or-treating. Helen, I'm impressed that you didn't say you were "testing" those Mars bars. Mmmmmm. Mars bars. They were my favorite as a kid. I like Snickers too, but not as much as I think I do.
ReplyDeleteIt never even entered my head that it was Halloween on Wednesday night. I kind of wish I could see it once.
ReplyDeleteMars Bars. Yum. We grew up with a knockoff version, called a Moro Bar. Double Yum.