After listening to far too many hair-raisingly harrowing true crime podcasts, I have developed my own horror hierarchy. At the top are children who vanish, and whose fate is never known, but whose parents (assuming neither were the perpetrators) no doubt imagine the worst. Unimaginable. So imagine how much more unimaginable—which I know will stretch both your imagination and logic to the breaking point, for how can there be anything beyond the hellish limits implied by that “un-“—to have all three of your children disappear. And for that to have occurred in 1966. And to still be alive today. And to still not know what happened to your children. Unimaginable.
I cannot imagine living with that.
ReplyDeleteGhastly.
ReplyDeleteYou are a stronger person than I am! I don't think I could listen to enough of these crime podcasts to develop a hierarchy! I can't even watch too many episodes of Criminal Minds without resorting to substance abuse!
ReplyDeleteI hope there is some sort of resolution to the Beaumont Children mystery. And I hope most desperately that the parents are still alive when it happens.
ReplyDelete