Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Scary October (#2)

Kim’s post reminded me of the day I arrived home to find a pamphlet from the Jehovah Witnesses in my mailbox. It asked this: “Have you thought about how you’re going to survive the Apocalypse?” 

I hadn’t, actually. And I really, really hope I don’t survive The Apocalypse or any lesser apocalypses. Obviously the Jehovah Witnesses have never seen any of the Mad Max movies. Or 28 Days Later. Or The Road. (OK, I know that last movie ended on a hopeful note, but in the long stretch between near-annihilation and faint hope I don’t want to have to resort to cannibalism or, worse, be forced to eat any surviving pets. Or, worse yet, become the hunted.)

5 comments:

  1. Laughing at Kim's response and agreeing with Helen's post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good that they didn't say Zombie Apocalypse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have deliberately not watched any of those movies. Although I think I did read The Road. But maybe I didn't. (runs away screaming)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel like we're safe, Helen. I don't think many of us in northern climates would survive the first post-apocalyptic winter.

    ReplyDelete