I saw the movie Dolores* yesterday. I had heard of Cesar Chavez—although before seeing Dolores, I probably would not have been able to tell you who he was—but not Dolores Huerta. Trying to summarize who she is in 57 words would probably be beyond even her formidable talents. Amazing movie, amazing soundtrack, amazing woman.
*Whenever I hear or see this name I am reminded of that classic Seinfeld episode where he couldn’t remember his girlfriend’s name and wondered if it was “Mulva” or “Bovary,” based on the knowledge that it rhymed with a part of the female anatomy.
I don't know the name at all. Good thing I have the internet!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the recommendation. I loved that Seinfeld episode, but whenever I hear Delores, I think of Lolita.
ReplyDeleteForgive my typo.
DeleteI loved that Seinfeld episode too, though I'd forgotten it was Dolores. And now, I know who Dolores Huerta was. I must hunt up that movie. Blogging is so educational!
ReplyDeleteI believe that the name was never revealed in the Seinfeld episode.
DeleteI think of Dolores Hart, the 1960's actress who became a nun. Now a Mother Superior. I wish I had access to Seinfeld reruns.
ReplyDeleteI'd forgotten the name was Dolores on the Seinfeld episode too. I have a friend named Regina and remembered it as that. I need to look up Dolores Huerta.
ReplyDelete