Wednesday, April 4, 2018

People (#3)

I was invited to my brother’s wedding in August, but likely only because he knew my mother couldn’t get there otherwise. The ceremony took place on a Saturday at a hipster hotel in a hipster village, and all family members were informed that they were expected to stay at said hotel. The cost? $900/night. Butler not included.

8 comments:

  1. How comfortable is your car?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what my family members would say if I made a suggestion they stay at a $900/night hotel.

    I am sorry about whatever is the story behind that first sentence though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. $900/night??????? (And yes, sorry about the story. I'm about to witness something not too far off at a funeral this weekend.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trying to imagine a room worth $900/night and failing. Where was this hipster oasis?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://www.drakedevonshire.ca

      Prince Edward County has become hugely trendy (funny, since someone who grew up in the area said it used to be known as "the armpit of Ontario").

      Delete
    2. Wowsers. The fact that you are going to be an easy driving distance to Belleville, or a slightly less easy driving distance home makes this even more outrageous.

      Delete
  5. That's a lot of money for guests to pay for a room.

    ReplyDelete