Passport photographers are under-recognized sages. Four years ago, I applied for a new passport. When the photographer showed me the photo, I was unimpressed by my aging, scowling visage. “In 10 years, you’ll look at this and think differently,” he assured me. Sure enough, even four years later I wish I looked like the person in that photo.
Oh yeah. My favorite "current" picture of myself is three years old. I have the feeling it'll be my favorite picture of myself from now on. (It's not my blog pic. That one's only three months old. And it looks it.)
ReplyDeleteI'm disturbed by the old woman I see in the mirror sometimes.
ReplyDeletePassport photos - I wrote this https://aseparatelife.wordpress.com/2012/07/26/mugshots/
I have avoided cameras since my 30's . Now I look back and think how (relatively) glorious I was back then, and wish I'd allowed myself in front of the camera more.
ReplyDeleteThis made me laugh. Indigo took a selfie of "us" recently and I have no idea who the other woman is in the picture. Indigo was lovely, however.
ReplyDeleteYes, I am shocked how much different I look now than 10 (or even 5) years ago.
ReplyDelete