Saturday, August 18, 2018

Poems (#12)

I think it's a pantoum

A friend asked today, “Have you lived well?”
My response slow in coming, for
On what part to dwell?
So much of the past, now ancient lore.

My response slow in coming, for
That strip of dark forest
So much of the past, now ancient lore
But vomit and fear, can I ignore this?

That strip of dark forest
No adults permitted
Vomit and fear, can I ignore this
Let my memories be limited?

No adults permitted
A heaven gone wild
Let my memories be limited:
I was a happy child.

A heaven gone wild
The earth a soft loam
I was a happy child
But too free to roam.

The earth a soft loam
Bluebells galore, no fear to quell
And so free to roam.
A friend asked, “Today, have you lived well?”

6 comments:

  1. "On what part to dwell?" indeed. Such a tough question, "Have you lived well?" A lovely answer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love this. And I echo Indigo's comment. Such a question!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Handing over my (self-awarded) Pantoum Queen crown.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You took on a pantoum? You are so brave! (And so good!)

    ReplyDelete