Monday, August 27, 2018

Forms (#14)

Inspired by Bridgett's blitz poem. The title didn't come out quite right  but I don't have time to fiddle with things... time to pack. (The form was trickier than it first appeared. And I did think of calling it "Make it long," but knew everyone's minds would take a U-turn and head in the wrong direction if I did.)

Make a long (story short)

On the move
On the make
Make love not war
Make fuck with me*
Me me me
Me too
Too little
Too late
Late nights 
Late again
Again you say
Again you leave
Leave me alone
Leave me be
Be strong
Be silent
Silent night
Silent gold
Gold digger
Gold finger
Finger foods
Finger licking
Licking slurping
Licking lies
Lies all lies
Lies still
Still room
Still remember
Remember when
Remember wrong
Wrong way
Wrong turn
Turn on the charm
Turn cold
Cold winters
Cold as ice
Ice slices
Ice cream
Cream puffs
Cream dreams
Dreams of daylilies
Dreams of darkness
Darkness harkens
Darkness and so
So be it
So long
Long gone 
Long distance
Distance
Gone

*Just watched Shirley ‘Valentine. Again.

6 comments:

  1. Very cool - now I have to go see Bridgett's. Aren't you in Greece?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was amazing, Helen.

    And you will tell us if you have a Shirley Valentine experience, won't you? (Please, please, please.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to do one. Will I? Or will I mimic others too much?

    ReplyDelete