Friday, August 31, 2018

Forms (#15)

Questions I have no answer to:

Who sees love coming? (Helen Humphreys)

How long can this coffee cup last? (Megan Willome)

Tell me, what is it you plan to do 
with your one wild and precious life? (Mary Oliver)

Do the shells still hear the sea,
though they are in pieces; (L.L. Barkat)

Can you be sick for a home you’ve never seen? (Jen Rose)

Tyger Tyger, burning bright,
In the forests of the night;
What immortal hand or eye,
Could frame thy fearful symmetry? (William Blake)

How much wood would a woodchuck chuck
if a woodchuck could chuck wood? (C. Huckie)

What’s the point? (Likely everyone at some pointless point in their life)

What is a poem? (Mark Yakich)

6 comments:

  1. Love this. And that article has given me much to consider today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love this. And the article. Thanks, H.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is perfect. From William Blake to a woodchuck chucking. (At last, thanks to Susan's Friendbook photo a couple of months ago, I know what a woodchuck is.)

    Perhaps the point is there is no point, there never was a point, and that's the point? (To misquote Gertrude Stein)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you see my African American? (D. Trump)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you see my African American? (D. Trump)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this too. My favorite is the question about shells (even though I read it initially as L.L. Bean).

    ReplyDelete