Some of the lies I’ve told were not intentional, but figments of my misconceptions. For example, as a child I thought Frank Sinatra was African American, Mount Rushmore (yes, including the presidential heads) was a natural phenomenon, and my mother was a nurse (she taught phys ed). (And no, I don’t own swamp land in Florida.)
Hmmm . . . I don't think I had anything like that, but I thought "jeopardy" was pronounced geo par' dee. And the movie "Woman in Jeopardy" referred to the name of her town.
ReplyDeletePost apocalypse, after the human race has lost its history, but recovered enough socially to consider itself brilliant again, I'm sure there will be those who think Mount Rushmore was a natural phenomenon. Or created by aliens.
ReplyDeleteI love this.
ReplyDeleteI was firmly convinced that I was going to marry Danny Kaye. It didn't happen. (Love this post!)
ReplyDeleteIs the lie that you actually DO own swampland in Florida?
ReplyDelete"Figments of my misconceptions." Perfect.
ReplyDelete