Not for me the casual lie; I’m in for the long haul. So when, as a teenager, I backed my parents' car out of the driveway and rammed the neighbour’s car parked across the street, I drove away with barely a glance in the rearview mirror. Forever afterwards I professed my innocence, even as both parties filed insurance claims.
[Author’s note: I am still a lousy backer-upper.]
I laughed out loud! I really hope this is true.
ReplyDeleteDouble-down on your lies! It'll get you elected someday.
ReplyDeleteTeenagers are the best liars! I hope this is true too. And I hope your present vehicle has a backup camera.
ReplyDeleteIt is indeed true--and when I was going through old albums of family pictures as my mother indulges in an Anglo-Saxon version of the Swedish death purge, I found photos of the damage. Perhaps my parents hoped to guilt me from their graves.
ReplyDeleteAnd no, no backup camera on my present vehicle. That would be way too high-tech for a car that has manual door locks.
A seat belt then?
DeleteI am a terrible backer-upper too and I did exactly what you did (except the leaving and lying part) when I was in my 30s.
ReplyDelete