Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Secrets and Lies (#3)

Whoever told me that Outlander is Scottish porn is a lying redcoat (or Jacobite, depending on where your loyalties lie… although I would find it hard to swear allegiance to any group that includes blacker than Black Jack Randall). Frankly, I’ve seen very little fucking and too much flogging and fighting and fee-fie-foe-fum-I-smell-the-blood-of-a-kilt-wearing-man-like behaviour.

10 comments:

  1. Yeah, I wondered if the author had a flogging fetish. But did you like the book? I resisted reading it for decades . . . didn't think I'd like it at all. But I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it was me. I stand by that statement - read the books. Susan - I think you're right about the author's fetish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Obviously I shall have to read the books. Although I must say, aside from all the violence, I am finding it very difficult to deal with all the dramatic tension in the story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like Indigo, haven't watched an episode. But now am thinking about looking up Scottish porn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I started the first book and sort of watched the first season -- listened to it describes it more accurately. It really didn't appeal to me -- book or series.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I recommended it to my daughter-in-law and my oldest stepdaughter. My DIL zipped through the whole series and started reading it again. (A librarian friend did the same thing.) My stepdaughter apologized (although she certainly didn't need to), saying the book didn't engage her at all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read it before I knew it was a thing. Here, the first book was called Cross Stitch. I devoured it, and the others, though as she became more successful, the author became much more long-winded, and she lost my attention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True. I found the first book to be the best of the lot. But I keep reading them. This thread reminds me that there must be another due out soon.

      Delete