I am watching Season 5 of The Americans. Talk about pants-on-major-fire prevarication—Phillip and Elizabeth lie to everyone, including their friends, their children, and each other. Additional perks of being a spy* include donning fun disguises outside of Halloween, participating in the occasional exhumation, whacking other spies, and bonking most everyone in sight.
*Besides being able to lie to most everyone in sight and not having one's pants catch on fire
*Besides being able to lie to most everyone in sight and not having one's pants catch on fire
Yet another show I hear is great and I haven't had/made time to see...
ReplyDeleteI love that show. What fascinates me is the way we (or at least I) root for Philip and Elizabeth in spite of it all. Someone told me it was the same way with The Sopranos.
ReplyDeleteYes, there's not much difference between the so-called "good" and "bad" guys in The Americans. I'm definitely rooting for Philip. Elizabeth is a bit more ruthless (and scarier).
DeleteOh, and I found Tony Soprano rather endearing and charming... until he had Adriana whacked. I never forgave him for that.
DeleteA favourite of mine too.
ReplyDeleteI've never heard of this show. Is it on Netflix? And despite having the boxed set of the Sopranos, I've still only watched a couple episodes. Maybe one day I'll watch it from start to finish.
ReplyDeleteHowever I loved James Gandolfini in Enough Said in much the same way I now love Chris Sullivan in This is Us.
Delete