Saturday, December 8, 2018

December free-for-all (#3)

I’m sure I have mentioned this previously: I have the urge to write my Member of Parliament (MP) and ask him to table a private member’s bill to introduce an “unloved tax credit” for those of us who are single and don’t get to benefit from two incomes or the tax breaks available to couples. Of course, I suppose then MPs would be flooded with requests from their married and common-law constituents to introduce an assortment of other tax breaks, including a “having to compromise on every bloody decision” tax credit or a “having to constantly deal with <insert favourite ongoing grievance with partner here, e.g., the toilet seat being left up, incessant snoring at night, etc.>” tax credit.

At the very least, I feel I should be able to claim all the stray cats I feed as dependents. And/or receive a “crazy old cat lady” tax credit.

7 comments:

  1. Interesting. We don't get tax breaks here for couples. But of course, at one stage we did have two incomes, and we don't have to pay single supplements when we travel.

    I would like to claim a "having to care for the in-laws" tax credit. And maybe have it funded by the other siblings!


    ReplyDelete
  2. I need the "having to compromise on every bloody decision" for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I doubly object to the use of "unloved" here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes to the cat dependents for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could go for the crazy cat lady tax credit. And how about a bird food deduction?

    ReplyDelete