I have been waking up at 3 or 4 a.m. every morning this week, panicking over my basement renovation and how much it is costing. The foundation repair, which will hopefully prevent my house from collapsing during my lifetime, was a unbudgeted expense and I am balking at spending tens of thousands of dollars on that and buying a $199 bathtub because I can no longer afford my dream vessel. So I took it as a sign this morning when I came across a quote by Frank Lloyd Wright (although maybe e.e. cummings or Benjamin Franklin actually said these words and they have been falsely attributed to FLW): As long as we have the luxuries, the necessities will take care of themselves.
That made me smile.
ReplyDeleteI like this. Especially the disclaimer
ReplyDeleteOh, I love this. And thanks for the nod to the ee cummings conundrum!
ReplyDeleteHmm . . . I will say that theory works when it comes to time management. When I was active in La Leche League I read in one of their publications that if you have a special project to do, do it first. The dishes and laundry will always get done whenever.
ReplyDeleteYes. I remember this from LLL too! It must have been one of their main tenets if we both, across time and geography, remember this!
Delete