I tried to get To The Lighthouse, but fell overboard and drowned in the sea of ennui*.
* And don’t I feel like a literary schmuck, given that it was named one of the 100 best English-language novels of the 20th century. After reading the plot synopsis on Wikipedia—no doubt another sign of my schmuckiness—I have decided to dive back into the book.
I have a fondness for Virginia Woolf that surpasses her writing. (okay the only thing I know about her is from The Hours. However I plan on reading lots of her writing soon. Check back in a few years...
ReplyDeleteI do love you, Helen!
ReplyDeleteI've never read this. I see my library has it as an audiobook. I'm going to put a hold on it.
Love you back, Mali!
DeleteI'm not sure what happened to my first comment, but it was supposed to reference "fell overboard and drowned in the sea of ennui," the best line ever.
DeleteYou will be missed, old friend.
ReplyDeleteLove this.
ReplyDeleteJust wait til you read The Waves.
ReplyDeleteWikipedia = schmuckiness? Uh-oh . . .
ReplyDeleteSmile.
Delete