Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Books (#1)

I am hopeless at remembering the details of most books I’ve read. But the best of stories leave an impression, one that very infrequently is physical, like a literary poltergeist. That was the case with A Fine Balance, written by Rohinton Mistry (or Rohinton Misery, as an acquaintance renamed him). The story sucker punched me, and my solar plexus constricts whenever I think of it. 

6 comments:

  1. Huh. I've never had the desire to read this, but now that I know what an affect it had on you I do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wrote on Susan's blog how I remember feelings, not plot points.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and Susan are communing today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've not heard about this book either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had never heard of this book. I just read a little bit about it and I just don't know if I could.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not good at remembering plots etc either. But I adored A Fine Balance. Although it is not a comfortable read. The same author wrote Family Matters, which was good, but not A Fine Balance.

    ReplyDelete