Friday, January 19, 2018

#19

“I wanna count to 10.” David’s voice had increased in pitch and it trembled. I pictured his face crumpling in that way that children’s faces do when they’re about to cry, or at least when they want any adults in the vicinity to think they’re about to cry.

7 comments:

  1. When you think about it, very little has actually happened in 19 days of reading. And yet we are riveted to this story! That says something about the talent of its author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. I'm soooo happy the author is writing again.

      Delete
    2. You're too kind, Susan... and be prepared for many more "riveting" scenes where nothing happens.

      Delete
  2. Yes Helen. I'm only going to wait so long for that chainsaw to come out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. I know, I'm sure I'm breaking some sort of writing rule that requires at least one character to be likeable.

      Delete